Sunday, July 17, 2011

Back in Business!

Hello, again!

Sorry for the long absence, folks.  As I mentioned in my last post, I was struggling with creative block.  I found a project(after a visit to Goodwill) and have been slowly working on it for awhile. 



What's Taking So Long?

As you'll see in the picture to the above, I had to cut out a boat load of quilt squares-- 120 to be exact.  Generally this shouldn't take 3 months, but when you stop, start, need to get more fabric, etc., I guess it does!

The Project

I am working on bedding for the guest room.  The quilting squares and  picture to the right are for the duvet cover.  Quilt on the back, and the fabric yo-yos on the front, bottom corner.

What inspired me at Goodwill?  The gray and white fabric for the front are window panels I purchased there.  I figured they would be a lot cheaper than purchasing that much fabric elsewhere.

If you want to see the instructions I used to make the yo-yos, you can find them here

What's Next?

Well, sewing the 120 squares together, obviously.  And now with moving and craft ADD, I'm not sure how long that will take.  But I do know I want to get this done so people will come visit our NEW guest room!

I also have a new project I thought of yesterday... going to get supplies today and will share later.  I'll just say it could be a total disaster.  If it is, I'll share it anyway :)

Thanks for continuing to read, even after such a long hiatus!  I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment