Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bedroom: "Wall Paper"

As I mentioned in my last post, the room that was calling out to me to work on next was our bedroom.  It's a really good size and has a lot of blank wall space-- not something I live with easily.  There's a higher-than-normal picture rail, and I wanted to do something above it.  So I started thinking: I don't want to spend any money if possible, so what do I have that would suffice?  Ah, yes.  Scrapbooking paper!  A ridiculous abundance of scrapbooking paper.

Half-way point
What You Need
- Enough Paper(lucky for me, scrapbooking paper is an easy 12 x 12" size and easy to work with)
- Scotch tape(I originally was using that gummy stuff, but it was leaving traces behind-- not something I wanted to deal with removing later)
- An object to help smooth down the tape if you can't reach.  I used a wooden spoon

I chose blues because the curtain was the only blue in the room.  I think I would have preferred if all the pages were the same pattern, but I made due with what I had.


A frame added interest and dimension
Other Things to Add if You're Feelin' Fancy
- I wanted to add some dimension, do I changed out the paper in a scrapbook page frame I already had.  You can get one at any craft store for $5-10.
- Fabric instead of paper-- If you own, you could use a spray adhesive to attach, or, if it's a smaller space, use packing tape like I did in a previous project


Ta-Da!
Here's the finished product.  I won't lie, I don't think I'm in love with it, but we'll live with it for awhile and see what happens.  One of the best things about this project is that it will be easy to change if need be!


Next up... Something with spray paint, weather permitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment