Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Uber Easy Project: Shadow Box

Just a VERY small, quick, easy project while I work on something bigger.

I've had this shadow box from Target for quite some time and kind of forgot about it until I was unpacking in the new place. There have been a lot of  projects being made in the world with dictionary pages.  I decided I wanted something simple yet pretty.  I've liked butterflies for awhile, so I thought those would be a good shape to choose. 

Paper punches are pricey, so I looked on Etsy for any pre-punched shapes.  Score!  I got 50 butterflies for $1(way more than I needed, but good for the price.  And who knows, maybe they'll creep up in another project later).

This is the super simple part: I chose placement and inserted the pins.  I also decided to fold them in half to add a little more dimension.  Done.  Easy.  A 5 year old can do it!  And I'm super happy with the result-- it's the pretty, "shabby-chic"-ness and simple design I wanted to create.

I love shadow boxes because they're inexpensive to buy and make.  You can do anything you want-- a piece of art or to preserve a memory.  Try it!

And here's a little preview of what I'm working on:
Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. The shadow box is great! I am intrigued by the big project--great selection of fabrics; you have such a great eye for putting things together. I am wondering if I may have something that would accent the mystery project... I can send you a photo and you let me know if you would like it.

    ReplyDelete